IWSG

The Insecure Writer's Support Group was created by Alex J. Cavanaugh as a place where writers can talk about their insecurities once a month, and receive encouragement and support from other writers. It's such an amazing group, it even has its own website now, which you can visit here.


I was going to write something for the anthology, but I ran out of time, which brings me to my topic for today: a lack of time. I haven't done any writing in such a long time, mostly because I've been busy in my new role at work, but even on my week's holiday I didn't get any writing done because I went away for the week.

I do think I'm learning how to balance things better, though. My week off did me a lot of good, and I was able to catch up on a lot of things. I'm confident that I'll be able to start writing again soon, I just need to find the right balance. At the moment I'm working 10-12 hour days, so it's a little hard, but within the next couple of weeks that should change, and I won't have to work quite so many hours. This means it'll be much easier for me to fit in writing, blogging and reading - all the things that are getting pushed to one side right now.

Comments

  1. Don't berate yourself for lack of time. Only so many hours in a day. Plan for the upcoming time when you will be able to write and hit the ground running when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lack of time: the writer's biggest enemy! Hang in there. If time won't come to you, you might just have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lack of time. Why does that always seem to be the case? Days need to be longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An interesting thing I discovered about finding time to write, Laura, is that I "found" more time to write when I was working full and overtime, taking care of my elderly parents, and cooking meals before writing. Now I know it isn't so much finding the time but wanting to take the time to write. That is something I always want to do. Best of success with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like we have been having similar problems, Laura! I hope you get your routine sorted soon. I am hoping that things will settle down for me after the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding balance is always tricky. Hope you manage to get into a routine soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's always an adjustment period. You'll totally get this in hand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those day jobs really get in the way, don't they. Hope the time works out better for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've all been there, Laura.... You will find the balance when the time is right! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll find your way through. Changes always take a while to find their rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Changes make things tough, but I know you'll find your rhythm again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't written in forever, wither- it happens to the best of us. But like you I trust that I'll find the balance somehow and be writing again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!