What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have. I haven't taken part in a few weeks, I've missed it! 



1. What I'm reading

Since the last time I took part in this meme, I've read the following books: Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, and City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare. Stormdancer was my least favourite, while Fangirl was my favourite - I've decided I love all things Rainbow Rowell. I really wish the Simon Snow series was a real thing so I could read it!

I'm currently reading Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.

2. What I'm writing

Pretty much nothing at the minute; Camp NaNo did not go like I hoped it would. I'm not going to let it get to me, though; it just wasn't meant to be this month. I'm going to carry on with my revisions for last year's NaNo novel and concentrate on that for a while.

3. What else I've been up to

I had a lovely week off work last week; I spent half of it with my boyfriend, and half with my sister. I had a great night out, played Cards Against Humanity (so funny), co-cooked a meal for my dad, and had a Lord of the Rings marathon. It's good to be back at work, but I already can't wait for my next holiday in September!

4. What inspires me right now

Life. It's going quite well right now, and that always inspires me to do my best with everything. 

Comments

  1. Ooh! I want to know what you think of Stormdancer when you're done. That one's been on the list, and I can't decide for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that you're not doing well with Camp NaNo. Keep writing, even if it takes longer than you thought. that's the point of Camp NaNo, just writing.
    Also cards against Humanity is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A LOTR marathon sounds like fun! I still have to get around to watching the second Hobbit movie (shame on me). I'm glad you enjoyed your week off work and wish you luck with your revisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laini Taylor! I adore her writing. Hopefully I can get to reading this book in my crazy simmer schedule! So happy for you that life is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being Happy is good . . . . . . NOT WRITING . . . .OK I 'll let you off for now but only while you are still happy. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time with your sister and boyfriend is just as important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss to all things Rainbow Rowell! Be still my beating Rowell-fangirl heart ;)

    It sounds like you've had a wonderful week in terms of quality time with family and friends, which is great. Cards Against Humanity is always a great idea!

    - Caitie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed Days of Blood and Starlight - it'll be good to see what you think too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you enjoyed your Lord of the Rings marathon. I can't wait until the extended edition of the third Hobbit film comes out and I can have a marathon marathon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!