June Book Round-Up

I decided I'm going to start doing monthly posts about the books I've read in the past month, and the ones I'm going to read in the next month. I find that doing this means that I get more reading done.

In June I read the following books:


The only reason I read this book was because I'd read the first two in the series - the books got worse as they went along, and I didn't enjoy this one at all. 


This was my first experience reading Rainbow Rowell, and I loved it! Such a great novel, although I was a tiny bit disappointed by the ending. I've got Fangirl on my shelf all ready to read.


Another book that I loved - the take on Cinderella was original and so fun to read. I can't wait to get my hands on the next in the series. 


This was my favourite book that I read this month - I absolutely loved the world, the plot and the characters. Again, I can't wait to read the next in the series. 


I got an early copy of this one in return for a review (up tomorrow) and I loved it. It was such a sweet story, and I was a little sad when I got to the last page. 

June was a good month for books! This is what I'll be reading in July:







Should be another good day!

Comments

  1. That's a lot of books for a month. Makes me feel like I need to read more (which I do) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of books. And don't you hate it when a series fizzles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of a single one of these, and I'm actually relieved that you said that Witch Alone wasn't good, because my first thought was "That cover looks incredibly hokey." Sufficed to say, will probably not be checking that one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy reading, if I manage a couple of books a month I'm doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Miss Laura. . .Write Write Write not Read Read Read, although having said that I am a grumpy soul. so you just do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Have a big stack from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm into a rereading mode and have been pulling books off my library shelf that I read years ago. Great experience, but it does cut down on my time to read current publications. I've had Smoke and Bone on my list, so guess I'd better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list for July. I've read several of those same books, and while I liked Smoke and Bone for the unique world it built, I was frustrated the book was labeled YA. It had some content in it I would not want my teen to read...at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy your July selections! I loved Rachel Morgan's The Trouble with Flying. I've been wanting to read Cinder for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and have been meaning to read Cinder. I hear mixed things about it, but I'm really glad to hear you like it! It's moving up on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought Will Grayson, Will Grayson yesterday (along with The Fault in Our Stars) because I've been hearing good things about John Green. Look forward to seeing what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!