ISWG and What's Up Wednesday

If you're looking for my 'B' post, you can find it here.

The Insecure Writer's Support Group was created by Alex J. Cavanaugh as a place where writers can talk about their insecurities once a month, and receive encouragement and support from other writers. It's such an amazing group, it even has its own website now, which you can visit here.


OK, so right now my mind is mostly filled up with the A to Z challenge, which I'm actually fairly confident about right now. I have all of my posts scheduled already, the only tricky part is going to be visiting other bloggers; I'm already a day behind, since I didn't get on my computer once yesterday. No matter, I'm determined to catch up!

I'm not quite so confident with my other writing; I haven't touched my NaNo novel since February, which is pretty bad. I did have lots of A to Z stuff on in March, but I'm sure I could have made the time to at least start my revisions. I didn't do any writing at all in March, apart from my A to Z blog posts. 

However, I'm determined that this month won't be the same. I'm well aware that I won't get a lot of writing done, what with the A to Z, but that doesn't mean I can't get any done at all. As long as I make a start on my revisions this month, I'll be happy. Anything more than that is a bonus. 


OK, now What's Up Wednesday, a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow. The idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have.




1. What I'm reading

I'm currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare, and I'm loving it, of course. I can't believe it took me so long to get back into the series after reading the first three books.

2. What I'm writing

At the minute, mostly blog post comments. I have lots of catching up to do for the A to Z (already, I know) so that's what I'll be spending this afternoon on. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make a start on my NaNo revisions within the next week.

3. What else I've been up to

I went to my home town yesterday and spent the day with my sister, which was awesome. We made burgers and cookies, and then sat in her garden for an hour in the beautiful (and unexpected) sunshine. Today it's foggy and misty, but I guess you've got to take the good with the bad. After visiting my sister, I went over to see my boyfriend and he bought me pizza, which was great.

4. What inspires me right now

The A to Z challenge! It's great to see so many bloggers all in one place (if you know what I mean). It's like we all come together, for one month a year. 

Comments

  1. Sometimes we need a break from writing, but I'm sure you'll get back to it soon. Good luck with A-Z.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's intimidating to get back to that Nano novel because you never quite know what you're going to get. It's such a whirlwind of production in a short span of time, sometimes the results are messy. Here's to hoping you peek in and see it's not so bad :)

    I'm also doing A to Z and was bummed to see that my original sign up from January was not in the linky list. I even wrote down my number and it's not there, so I know it was at some point. So now I'm number 2000+ way at the bottom. A lot of the blog links toward the bottom don't even have A to Z posts either.

    Have fun this month with the challenge! I try to visit a bunch of blogs in one day since I won't be able to check them every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Stephanie--I'll come visit you! :) And the admins will go through periodically and remove people that signed up but aren't participating or keeping up.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to my world! I'm so behind...
    We'll just get through this month and tackle everything anew in May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really admire you guys doing the A-Z challenge! I think it would stress me out too much and I wouldn't get any writing done. But I'm sure it's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm behind on my WIP too, so you're not alone. Just do what you can and it'll all work out in the end! I read City of Lost Souls a few months ago, and now I'm waiting for City of Heavenly Fire to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's tough when you have so much going on, but you're a wonderful AZTech, and you're doing just fine:)

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
  7. Spending the day in the sun sounds perfect right about now. We just need more snow to melt before we get to that point. O_o I think once I'm done Marie Lu's LEGEND trilogy, I'm going to go back to the Mortal Instruments books. I've kind of been craving them lately. Have a great week, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first year of doing A-to-Z where I've written all my posts ahead of time. It's actually nice to be able to concentrate on visiting others and replying to comments. Yes, it does suck time out of doing other things, but I look at that as part of doing A-to-Z. It's not just the fun of writing the posts, but it's building community and getting to know other bloggers/writers.

    All the best with your projects this week, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have all of my posts scheduled and I agree, the trick is visiting other bloggers as well as returning comments. There just isn't enough time in a day. I'm looking forward to your future A to Z posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you find time to work on your revisions. A-Z is time consuming, one of the main reasons I know I couldn't commit to it properly, but at least you have all your posts scheduled so that should free up some time for writing. Best of luck Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the concept of an insecure writers' group. Where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always great to see how many people sign up to do the challenge every year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm right there with you, Laura- haven't been writing like I need to, totally behind on commenting on A to Z-ers and unable to get anything other than blog posts done (at least you have all 26of your posts done for the month- I'm behind on that, too!) Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are busy. I'm just trying to keep up with blogging and getting only about 30 minutes of work on the WIP in per day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We'll forgive you for being a day late for the A to Z Challenge. I mean, it's only started anyway. I spent yesterday just trying to keep up. I mean, when you have 80 people comment in a single day... Whew! I know it's the beginning and everyone is super charged, but SERIOUSLY people, I'm not sure I can keep up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great that you got a chance to relax with your sister. I wouldn't worry about missing the 1st day of the A-Z Challenge. It is tough! Good luck and don't stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being with the sister is the best. I have to travel 1500 miles to visit mine. I hope take advantage and visit yours as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can only do what you can. I just finished my NaNo novel from 2012! And I decided not to do the challenge as it takes too much time away from writing. I'm continuing to blog weekly.
    I'm catching up with my sisters soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well at least I know I have company in "being behind," we'll get a hang of it...soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've read all of Cassandra Clares books thus far. Looking forward to the new one coming out soon. You're in good company of writers being behind schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We're having some nice sunshine here today too, but there's still too much snow to enjoy it outside. Ah well. I'm glad you're enjoying getting back into the Mortal Instruments. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think my writing this month will suffer because of A to Z too. But I think it's okay, because I'm meeting so many awesome bloggers and all that good stuff :)
    Though I do miss writing. I haven't really read any Clares either, but I've heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A to Z is time consuming, but I'm trying to squeeze in at least 30 mins of visiting a day. I might not get around to many people, but at least I have an attainable goal.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've scheduled all your posts? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow!!! You are busy and doing an amazing job keeping it all moving forward! Maybe this is the month where you take your NaNo novel and make all the notes on it for revision .. . and then have such an awesome plan that for May it just takes off. :) Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It truly is inspiring! All the different posts, the short stories, and the poetry too! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! If you can write and keep up with blogging in April, I'm really impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Same with the blog comments. I want to catch up with my writing as well. I'm waiting for City of Ashes to arrive from TBD because I couldn't find it locally. Just keep writing and you will get there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!