Busy Monday and more Awards!

It's been a while since I posted, I was doing so well with my schedule, too! I did intend to post on Monday, but my sister came home for a couple of days so I was really busy hanging out with her. First of all I slept quite late on Monday, probably because of the hard few days at work I had last week. Me and Katie also went to our dad's for dinner on Monday, as we don't see him too often, so that was nice. Then we went shopping so that Mum didn't have to, and walked Alfie round the park as soon as we got home. We made spaghetti carbonara together (from scratch for the first time) and I showed her the first episode of something that I'm slightly obsessed with at the minute. Then I let her play on Diablo 3 on my computer, since she doesn't have it yet, then we watched a film with Mum when she got home at 10 o clock, and by the time we'd done that it was bedtime! A very busy day, so no time to write a blog post!
It turns out I've received a few more awards, so that's what this blog post will be about!
First of all, Becca at Lost in Thought  has given me the One Lovely Blog Award, so be sure to visit her awesome blog!
This award requires me to answer some questions, so here they are:

What is your favourite song?
This changes quite a lot, at the minute I think I'll say...Lost in Paradise, by Evanescence.

What is your favourite dessert?
Oh I have so many, it'll be really hard to pick just one! I'll go with banoffee pie, it's so yummy!

When you're upset, what do you do?
If I'm on my own, I put my angry playlist on really really loud! Certainly cheers me up, it's guaranteed to make me dance around the room after about 2 minutes! My dog is also pretty good for cuddles if I'm upset :)

What was your favourite pet?
I've had a lot of pets; hamsters, rabbits, a cat and lots of dogs (one at a time!) My favourites have been the dogs, they're so loyal and as I said above, good for cheering me up!


What do you prefer to wear, black or white?
I wear white a lot, but I should probably wear black instead, because I always manage to stain white things! But I definitely prefer wearing white things, my sister is the one who wears black :)


What is your biggest fear?
Easy, spiders. And yes, I know it's irrational, but I can't help it!


What is your attitude mostly?
I'm pretty optimistic most of the time, it takes a lot to bring me down.


What is perfection to you?
To me, perfection doesn't exist. Everyone and everything has flaws, but that's what makes life interesting!


What is your guilty pleasure?
Any sweet food! I've got a huge sweet tooth, so I eat a lot more biscuits and puddings than I should!

I've also been tagged in a meme by Hazel at Pablo's Angel, and here are the rules (and make sure to visit her blog!):
1. You must post these rules.
2. You must post 11 things about yourself.
3. You must answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for people you tag to answer.
4. You must tag 11 people to do this meme and tell them on their blog!

So, here are my 11 things:
1. I'm loving the hot weather in England at the minute, as it means I get to wear dresses that I've hardly ever worn because it's never warm enough for them!

2. My favourite type of music is "Angry music" - rock, metal, etc. A few examples are: Slipknot, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, Linkin Park, Evanescence, System of a Down, Disturbed. The other day I was driving with my sister and she had her window rolled down, and people were looking at us strangely because we had Trivium blasting out! It was very funny!

3. We have two bank holidays next week, and I have to work both of them, while most other people get two days off! At least I get paid time and a half!

4. I bought a bed yesterday for my newly decorated bedroom (it's nearly done!) and I'm very excited to get it.

5. I have a new obsession: a Japanese anime called Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. My boyfriend introduced me to it last week, and I'm hooked - I made him watch 25 episodes all in one night! I also love Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, another Japanese anime.

6. Because I watch both of the above in Japanese with English subtitles, it's made me really want to learn Japanese! I've already learnt a couple of words from it, like 'thank you' and 'damn!' which I think I'll use at work quite a lot!

7. I'm thinking of changing the layout of my blog, but don't know whether I should or not.

8. I'm currently reading Game of Thrones, and it's taking me absolutely ages to get through, not because it's not good, but because I watched the series first so already know what happens! It's annoying, because there are so many books on my bookshelf that I want to read!

9. The glasses that I wear at the minute give me headaches, but if I don't wear them my eyes strain and I get a headache anyway! It's a no win situation!

10. Even though the Game of Thrones theme is about a minute and a half long, I love it and won't let my boyfriend skip it when we watch it.

11. My hair is the longest it's ever been, mainly because I can't afford to get it cut, but I love it! It's very hard to maintain though, and it gets in my way sometimes!

And last but not least, both Heather Murphy at Random Interruptions and Julie DeGuia have given me the Versatile Blogger Award!
 I'm not going to follow the rules on this one, because it requires me putting up another seven things about myself, and I bet you're all bored of learning about me by now!
So here are my chosen blogs for the awards and the meme, you can choose which you want to have! :) I'm also going to link back to all of the people who gave me these awards, so they can do the ones they haven't done :)
Jeremy at Geeky Tendencies
Hazel at Pablo's Angel
Heather Murphy at Random Interruptions
Julie DeGuia
Becca at Lost In Thought
Nikki at InspireNordic
Anna Smith at Universal Gibberish
Rob at The Slightly Eccentric Diary of Rob Z Tobor
Jennifer at A Creative Exercise
Chiz at Chiz Chat
Allison at Geek Banter
Jenn at Scribbles from Jenn

Comments

  1. Thank you for the award :) I always wear white but always stain them. I joke that when I need I seriously need a bib specially when eating beans on toast! Swear I was two not twenty haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when I eat* not when I need, hmm maybe I just read over my posts before pressing the publish button haha!

      Delete
    2. I make mistakes like that all the time! And I'm the same as you, I always say I need a bib, but with me it's when I eat spaghetti bolognese, I always get orange splotches on my white clothes!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the award! I always watch the opening theme to Game of Thrones. I love the music and how the towns raise up with the gears turning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love it, most people don't like it because it's so long! :)

      Delete
  3. I like your background...it looks like mine, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You deserve both awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the awards!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. How very nice to get an award.
    You asked about favorite song.
    This is not current. I think it's from the 40's, maybe earlier.
    ~
    When day is done and shadows fall
    I dream of you
    When day is done I think of all the joys we knew.

    That yearning, returning to hold you in my arms
    Won’t go love, I know love
    Without you night has lost it’s charms


    When day is done and grass is wet
    With twilight’s dew
    My lonely heart is sinking like the sun

    Although I miss your tender kiss
    The whole day through
    I miss you most of all when day is done.
    ~

    I think the subject of the song is away on a business trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It sounds like a sad song, thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  7. I love Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood!! It's SO good! That Ed just cracks me up. All the characters are awesome, the storyline is awesome... ahhh. It just makes me happy. I think I watched a ton of episodes in a row the first time I was introduced to it as well. Thanks for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It really is just such a great show, I'm suffering from withdrawal at the minute because my boyfriend won't let me watch it without him, so I don't get to watch any more until Friday! I absolutely love Ed, he's my favourite character, and it has definitely got an awesome storyline! :)

      Delete
  8. well done on the awards and the growing number of followers. And thank you very much for passing one on in my direction. I will respond in the next couple of days, I am rather busy and need a bit of time to think about doind a good responce.... There are queen things happening too and I have said I will help, why do I do that..... silly me.

    Glad all sounds good with you

    as for music I like ... Tom Waits, Steely Dan, Iggy pop, The Monochrome Set.

    As for White I am a dirt magnet so not a good move

    OK it is midnight so time to go, but I will return

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you're welcome :)
      I really should just give up on wearing white, I always manage to stain it somehow! :)

      Delete
  9. I like Evanescence too, along with as other "angry music" as you call it :) Thanks for returning the award. I will work on another post for later in the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I don't really know why I call it "angry music" because it tends to calm me down when I'm angry! It's mainly because it's all so loud :)

      Delete
  10. Aww thank you! And congrats!

    I never would have taken you as a hardcore rocker, maybe the fairytale theme threw me lol! As for Game of Thrones, my boyfriend and I adore it (him especially) so we never skip the theme song either lol!

    I always watch anime in Japanese too! Makes me want to learn it so badly as well but I know it would be extremely hard!

    Thanks for doing that 11 things meme, it's shown me that we have more in common :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      People are always surprised when they find out what music I like, I probably look like I'd like mainstream pop music!
      Oh I know, I wish I could just learn it overnight, but obviously it's not as easy as that! It'll be one of those things I always want to do but never do!
      We do have a lot in common, I've just read all of your posts that you featured today and we seem to be very similar! :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the award and the tag hun, and congrats. BFMV are cool, I like them, and I can't wear white coz I'm a messy eater lol, it's not pretty :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I should just give up wearing white, I've ruined so many tops already!

      Delete
  12. Thank you :D

    I can't wear white either, I'm far too messy for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I know that I'm too messy to wear white but I still continue to wear it, I really need to stop! :)

      Delete
  13. You're a gamer!!! Right on! I don't play Diablo 3 but I play World of Warcraft and Skyrim :)

    Game of Thrones was recently recommended to me. I didn't know if I'd like it, but it's good, then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good, I like it a lot more than I thought I would! :)

      Delete
  14. Awesome! Thanks a lot, Laura! I never took you for the metal type. Also, I enjoy anime as well especially with English subtitles. English dubs are unbearable to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Yeah, a lot of people are surprised when they find out what music I like! I can't stand watching English dubs, the voices are always horrible! :)

      Delete
  15. Hi Laura! New follower here, and what a great post for me to learn more about you. I also like anime. I watched the first Fullmetal Alchemist series but have only watched the first episode of Brotherhood so far. (I need to find more time!) And I agree with Chiz, subs are better than dubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the first one, only Brotherhood, but it's certainly making me want to watch it! Subs are definitely better, thanks for following! :)

      Delete
  16. Hey Laura, congratulations on the award. I'm similar to Shelly in that I'm a new follower so it was cool to read more about you and learn what you're like as a person. When it comes to the layout I think that it looks awesome but at the same time, if you've been using it for a very long time I could see how you'd be sick of it haha, I'm sick of mine too! Game of Thrones is just great by the way although I'm sure you know that by the sounds of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for following! I do like the layout, but sometimes I just feel like a change! Yeah I love Game of Thrones, I'll be sad when season 2 is over! :)

      Delete
  17. Seems like a busy week for you! :) Bonding moments with the people we love are necessary to compel us to do better in life. They are a positive change from the daily, routine activities. I'm sure you enjoyed catching up with your sister and you dad!

    I am your new follower now. Take care, Farida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! It was certainly very enjoyable spending some time with my sister and my dad, even though it meant a busy couple of days :)

      Delete
  18. Hi Laura, I can see you've already been getting quite some awards but nevertheless I've nominated you for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon! I hope you'll accept it. Come over to my blog to grab it! :) xxx Sabrina

    http://pouffia.blogspot.com/2012/05/fabulous-blog-ribbon.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the award(s)!

    The first season of Game of Thrones follows very closely to the book, but when you get the next book and season (I don't know if you are getting the current season of Game of Thrones over there in the UK yet) have some big differences.

    If you want to change the layout of your blog go for it. My first blog Completely Unoriginal Thoughts is on it's third design, and I'm thinking of changing it again (I can never leave things alone).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      I haven't read the second book but I have heard that there are a lot of big changes, which a lot of my friends aren't happy about! I've seen most of season 2 and I've enjoyed it a lot, but probably because I haven't read the book it's based on!

      I'm just scared that it won't look as nice and I won't be able to get it to look the same! Haha :)

      Delete
  20. Neing a middle-aged has its advantages when it comes to clothing. I can wear anything I like and no one says a word...to my face anyway.

    I'm scared of spiders too...and needles.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh don't even mention needles! Apparently when I was little I used to just watch them going in, but now I hate them! I think I've just become a wimp as I've got older! :)

      Delete
  21. Thanks Laura - I may have to wait until next week to tackle this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Laura. This award was very timely. I posted about it today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'll be sure to pop by and see! :)

      Delete
  23. WOW...you just exploded with blog bling! And I love the awards that require the answer to questions. Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the ones with questions too, so much easier than the "say random things about yourself"! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEP August - Change of Heart

IWSG - July 2018

The Beginnings Blogfest!